A camel friendly beach



I wandered down to Lighthouse Beach yesterday for my walk. It was such a beautiful day and yesterday it was a camel day at the beach. I love seeing the camels there waiting to take people on a walk along the beach. Somehow it always strikes me as a bit surreal to see them.

I love that this beach is not only dog friendly but camel friendly as well. There are large areas of Lighthouse Beach that are all leash free and it's a great place to walk.

Yesterday little Gus the poodle came running up to me tail going ten to the dozen in a welcoming. It's such a delight to walk on dog beaches. These little creatures have a lot to teach us about being loving and social. Wouldn't it be a fun world if we were all as social as dogs, and all ran up to each other and smiled and loved meeting one another? OK fair enough, it has to be said that some dog behaviour they can keep, but some of their ways, can teach we humans a lot.

We had a friend who was wonderful at going up to anyone anywhere, meeting them and then inviting them into his home or to one of his dinner parties. One dinner party we went to at his place featured a Chinese flute player from a visiting Opera's orchestra. He had met this person busking on the street in Sydney. We never knew who he'd bring home. Gosh it was fun, and don't I wish I were able to do that as well.

Wandering along the beach yesterday, I was reflecting on the wonderful families who have invited us into their homes. It's such a priviledge and it is so heart warming the amount of wonderful families that we have had the good fortune to meet. Housesitting is such a lovely way to meet new people as well as see new places. I've been wondering what it would be like to housesit a Lighthouse... I think it could be fun. So if you know of a Lighthouse that needs a sitter - give me a call... I'm sure I'll convince the other half to come along - he's not so sure about it. Muckle Flugga watch out we're on our way.

Back to the present Lighthouse at hand... if you're on the Mid-North-Coast of NSW and looking for a great doggie beach, or somewhere to ride your camel, horse - we also saw a cat on a leash here... come and visit Lighthouse Beach in Port Macquarie. It's a very beautiful area, the mountains and rainforest only an hours drive from the coast, with pockets of rainforest on the beach as well.




Which way is north... stand here at The Lighthouse to find out... I wonder which way we'll travel next year?


Kangaroos on Emerald Downs Golf Course Port Macquarie

In Port there are some great golf courses - the camels also have the distinction of being the complaints committee for a local golf group - if there is any whining within the group the camels are the ones to take the complaints to. Perhaps we could introduce this process elsewhere as well! There are great fishing spots, lovely cafes and restaurants dotted along the water's edge as well as a fabulous theatre and arts centre.